High School Graduation Requirements
RAS students receive support from a school counselor who has access to information about a student's classes, grades, and extracurricular activities. The college counselor can help students see the big picture when it comes to planning their academic future and finding a suitable college or university in Egypt or abroad. RAS offers an enriched, competitive, college preparatory education. We believe a complete curriculum should begin at the earliest possible level. This is why computers and foreign language learning start in the elementary years. We want our students to appreciate learning as a life-long opportunity.
RAS Requirements for Graduation
RAS is a college preparatory school where students are challenged to follow arigorous course of study. For a student to graduate and receive a diploma, she/he must accumulate a minimum of 26 Carnegie units between the 9th and 12th grades in order to be eligible for graduation. RAS does not grant an American High School Diploma to students who do not have 12 years of formal schooling, grades 1-12.
A student must have earned the following credits during High School grades 9 -12:
4 Social Studies
2 Physical Education
Minimum Total 26
* Students must earn 1 credit in computer applications or demonstrate proficiency in basic operations.
High School Diploma
RAS students may earn a High School diploma by completing the following requirements:
1. Students must complete grades 9 and 10.
2. Students must pass 8 credits in grades 11 & 12. **
P.E. / Art
- Students must pass 5 credits minimum in grade 12.
- Students may count 3 credits maximum in grade 11.
- Arabic is a major subject at all grade levels. Students will be prepared for the Ministerial option of passing before graduation or during college.